Re: [RC] Fw: [RC] DAL Election / Weight Divisions!! - Truman Prevatt

I'd agree 100% if we require every horse to carry 200 pounds. Otherwise you will probably have a rebellion - vowing to lynch whatever director made  that motion. Of course if you did this ( min 200 pounds) you would have a rebellion of the little people.  But in general the big people are a lot stronger than the little people so I know which camp I'd want to be associated with ;-)!

Truman

PS: If the BOD would state what is allowable for making weight, i.e. no water bottles, saddle, bridle, bit and reins, no packs, etc. Nacny Gooch would make darn well sure everyone weighted in on a level playing field. We just need the BOD to establish standards for making weight.

Barbara McCrary wrote:
That's a very good point, and one we addressed years ago on the BOD. At that
time, we decided not to get too worked up about it, and if you're talking
FAIR, it isn't.  But as wiser minds have often said, "LIFE isn't fair."  My
personal preference would be to drop weight divisions all together and go
back to one national champion and one regional champion, based on
accumulated points.  It's become too complicated....

Barbara

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin