Re: [RC] Joe Schoech for DAL - Truman Prevatt

Let me tell you about Joe Schoech. We started endurance about the same time. I first met Joe in about 1993 at the old War Eagle ride near Auburn, AL. Joe was riding Mac - a big black Appendix Quarter horse. Joe was only doing LD's at the time on Mac. I talked to Joe about it and he said he loved Mac, and Mac had a a serious colic once and he didn't know if Mac could take a 50.

After a few years Joe and Mac started to do 50's. SERA has a year end endurance award called the "Consistent Condition Award." To me it means more than the BC award. To win, you have to stand for BC at least 5 times. The average BC score over your top 5 BC scores is calculated and the highest average wins. There has been only one time in mover 15 years that the same person has won the BC award and Consistent Condition Award - that was last year when Adel Denard walked away with everything on her Andalusin/Arab cross.

About 6 years ago at the SERA convention it was announced  that Joe and Mac won the SERA Consistent Condition Award. Joe was close to tears, because it meant so much to him.  Joe took a horse - not of the right breed, a horse - not of the right color for endurance in the hot sticky SE, a horse - that at one time may have had a problem and made him through patient riding and training one of the best horses in the region. Joe still rides Mac - although Mac is up in years not. Every time Joe needs a horse to mark trail or do something important - he's on Mac.

That is the character of Joe Schoech. Joe represents all that is good in this sport. Others have told you about trail work Joe has done. Others have told you about how much he has helped the new riders. I just wanted to tell you the type of person Joe Schoech is. Joe is the type of person we need on the BOD.

Truman

Schmittdocoks@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have been associated with Joe Schoech ever since he began his journey into endurance. There has never been a nicer, harder working guy to ever mount up on a horse in the endurance world. He has riden, managed, worked on trails,supervised Vet checks for us cranky old vets and done anything else that needed to be done. AERC would be blessed with his election to the DAL so please take my recommendation and vote for Joe Schoech. Thanks for your time.

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin