Re: [RC] Cold Weather Camping!! - Paul Latiolais

The cap is REALLY important! I slept in my trailer at Grizzley last year when it got down to the 20's. I was toasty in my sleeping bag (and air mattress), but my head was cold.

Also, it got up into the 70's the next day and I got a sun burn by forgetting my sunscreen in the cold morning weather. So don't forget your sunscreen just because the weather is cold.

-Paul
On Monday, October 25, 2004, at 09:19 AM, Jon.Linderman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have slept in a stock trailer on several occasiosn w/white stuff floating outside.? I load up on sleeping bags over my sleeping pad to keep me warm from underneath & sleep with a beanie, turtle neck, fleece tights and thick wool socks. I have used the little propane heaters but the trade off is that they hiss kinda loud.? I also found that if you sleep on the traielr floor and extra pillow helps to keep your head more like it would be say at home in a nice comfy bed & I sleep better.? In a pinch I've used a toklat fleece saddle pad doubled in half with a t-shirt over it when I forgot the extra pillow.?
?
another ploy is to chummy up to someone who has a trailer with a big enough tack room for you to sleep in.? BRW booze and choclate help in the latter ploy
?

Jon?

-----ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----

To: Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Tshuck64@xxxxxxx
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 10/25/2004 11:35AM
Subject: [RC] Cold Weather Camping!!

Hey I got such great reply's on my "cold weather riding" post I thought I would pick your brains about the camping aspect. This is my first ride season and I went on 2 great rides this summer "Chief Paulina and Headwaters" and I slept in the back of my ford expedition. This wasn't so bad, the weather was good and I stayed nice and warm. I want to attend the Dust Devil ride up by Bend on the 13th and I am such a weeny I think I will freeze sleeping in the car. What does everyone do? I know there are others like me who sleep in horse trailers or canopies how do you stay warm??? I really want to attend this ride, I have heard its a blast but I dont know if I will be able to stay warm!!!
Thanks,
Tammy in So. Oregon were it was 17 chilly degrees this morning!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-