[RC] Week Ender Package for Trailer - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Tess Searcy morabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message is for Jeccica.  You can email me privatly at
morabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  My husband & I have done 2 gooseneck trailers.  The
first one was a steel Trailer the 2nd was an aluminum.  The aluminum was easier
since everything is to more of a standard in sizing etc. What kind of trailer
are you working on steel or aluminum?  First you would want to do insulation.
We use the type like paneling, in sheets.  It is easy to cut & you can use
Liquid Nails to stick it to the walls of the trailer, ceiling too.  We got
remanent carpeting & carpet pad for the neck which would be your bed area & we
used indoor/outdoor remanents for the floor.  Easy to take up & clean.  I can
tell you a few more tricks, we used the plastic like paneling for bathrooms for
the ceiling, it is light & can we wiped down easily & you will want some
lightness in the bunk area. Plus it is easy to bend to shape it & get it to fit
together. This to us was the hardest part.  You will have to cut to fit & use
the wide stripping that goes in between the panels, this you will have to
"fit"together at a couple of points.  This is tricky up above your head.  Get
in touch with us & we can explain more fully.  Do the ceiling first.  We also
got unfinshed cabinets for use as storage & we made a bed box on the long wall
that doubles as extra storage.  We got a unfinished bathroom cabinet & used a
left over piece of countertop for the top & we then had a drawer for little
essentials & we put 2 sliding wire drawers inside for out clothes.  This was
positioned so we could use it as a table & the last step into the bed.  My
husband took a heavy duty extension cord to use for the electric cord & marked
where he wanted light switches, fans ect. he did this before he hung any
insulation or paneling.  We have our trailer set up so we can use a marine
battery for our lights & fan instead of using the truck battery & we also have
it set up for 110 so we can plug into electric if there is any. Let us know if
we can help you further, we are no ecpert but have done it twice now.  Good
luck,
Tess