Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] UAE Involvement in AERC Functions - Truman Prevatt

To all aforementioned, I wholeheartly agree with Frank and second his appeal.

Truman Prevatt
AERC # 8217
Brooksville, FL

DVeritas@xxxxxxx wrote:
To the Executive Director, AERC and the Western States Trail Foundation,

    There are things more important than the rights of horses to live and
compete humanely in this world.
    The rights of the children of our world to grow up and become whole human
beings free of the residue of having been used, abused (physically,
psychically and spiritually) far outweigh any concerns we should have regarding LD's,
50's, 100's, awards, etc.
    In view of the recent published reports regarding the kidnapping, rape
and murder of the smallest and least protected citizens of Bangladesh, Pakistan,
India, and other countries by an element in the United Arab Emirates, who
might have found a manner in which to insert themselves into the fabric of our
sport, I ask that no monies be accepted for "sponsorship" of AERC sanctioned
events from citizens of the UAE, and that organized "participation" by formally
recognized representatives of the AERC not be condoned or promoted in UAE
events until the abhorrent practices associated with camel racing in the UAE stops.
    The camels have it the better, and that is a crying shame.

FRANK SOLANO
8422
Gering, Nebraska

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/87drlB/TM