Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] UAE Involvement in AERC Functions - heidi

Frank:
Your comments are well placed.
Heidi just commented that we cannot change  by using a boycott.
Maybe, maybe not.
I'd like to offer some suggestions to our Board.
While the AERC alone may not have an impact, what if we (the AERC) along
with Australia, Brazil, England, France, Germany and others protested to
the FEI.  Along with the protest we ask that the World event be moved
from the UAE of another country?  That may have an impact and our riders
could still compete. They have worked long and hard to make the team,
and there is a way to solve the problem.
While working through the FEI, it would become apparent that the U.S.A
along with other countries are deeply concerned about the abuse of these
young children.
As strong message from the AERC International , and the USA E
may be in order to move this forward.

Jerry, this is a more sensible sort of an approach.  Instead of simply
cutting off contact with the UAE, this should be approached through FEI,
and the consideration should be made as to where World events are held in
the future.  The UAE can still participate, we are not boycotting them in
righteous indignation (although we are righteously indignant!), and a
message is sent that is far less apt to cause a digging in of toes on the
other side of the issue.

Thank you for thinking toward a solution instead of simply slamming a door.

Heidi