Re: [RC] western saddles - JUDYK89

There's a local saddle maker her in S.CA that does something so simple, it was hard to imagine I'd never seen it before.

When you bring the leather through the top of the stirrup, and it goes up the inside, before you buckle (or whatever you do for the saddle you have) you twist the piece in back to the other side, and it automatically turns your stirrup at an angle which is perfect for your foot to stay forward without fighting it and killing your knees.

I'm probably not explaining it very well, but if you play around with it, you'll hit it, and go, duh!!

Judy in San Diego