[RC] Ribley for DAL - Merryben

Robert is not on ridecamp and I am posting this for him.  You can add me to his list of supporters.......maryben

I would like to nominate for the position of AERC Director-at Large.
Since I am currently serving on the AERC board of directors as a Director-at Large, I am well aware of what is required to fill this position.  This position comes with duties that I can effectively perform and responsibilities that I will fulfill.
As an AERC rider, I have been an active member since the 1970’s and have completed over 23,000 AERC miles.  I have won both National and Regional Championships and have completed rides on over 35 different horses and mules (one horse achieved over 8,000 miles).
As an AERC ride manager, I have successfully managed several West Region rides and currently manage a large west region multi-day endurance ride.
As an AERC participant I am currently serving on the Board of Directors as a Director and serve on four committees as well – the Competitions Committee, the Protest and Grievance Committee, the National Championship Committee and am chair of the Convention Committee.
I can continue to be an asset to the Board of Directors for AERC as I am very involved in the sport.  I participate in many sanctioned rides in many regions as both a rider, manager and volunteer and see what the riders of AERC want and need.  I also see the veterinary aspect of endurance riding as I am married to an AERC veterinarian who works many rides a year.  I feel I do listen to the membership and do my best to represent them and their ideas.  Representing all members of AERC will be important to me – the finishers, the middle-of-the-packers, top competitors, international riders, limited distance riders and especially ride managers.
These are some AERC members who are endorsing me as a candidate:
Courtney Hart –World-renowned trainer and manager who has trained and managed some of the most successful horses in the sport.  He has also served on the AERC board of directors for many years.   Courtney is a published author who has written a useful book on the sport of endurance riding.
Connie Caudill  - Has managed AERC National Championship Rides and is a very hard working individual who supports AERC and all its endeavors.  She is an experienced rider, ride manager and currently serves on the AERC Board of Directors.
Jackie Bumgardner -  Jackie manages multi – day rides, 50 mile rides and 100 mile rides – all large rides.  She has extensive endurance riding experience, has been in the AERC
Hall of  Fame,  owns a horse in the AERC Hall of Fame and has won the AERC Partners Award.
Please feel free to talk to these people about me as a candidate.

Robert Ribley