Re: [RC] leg wraps - Alice Yovich

There are vets who see things that I would be happy to accept their word and their eye. This guy just happened not to be one of them. It's probably b/c he's not someone we see often so we have no "feel" for him. Other vets that we know better we tend to believe. I really think that is it. I agree that sometimes a vet has a better eye than other competitors. I didn't get knotted up over it, just wasn't very believing of it. He consistently scored horses that haven't placed higher and scored some of our top performers lower. It was just how he saw it. I agree that the mare may or may not have had trouble with her suspensory.

I'm not sure how seriously to take a "sore suspensory" on my score card though. If I saw it again from another vet, I'd take it seriously I think. I have a friend who has an injury like this with her horse right now and it's been a nightmare. I sure don't want to injure my horse, but at the same time, I'm not sure that one call at one moment on one day is enough to send me to the vet looking for a dx.