Re: [RC] western saddles - Merryben

In a message dated 10/23/2004 6:40:20 PM Central Daylight Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:
Either way, *always* turn the stirrups and put a broom or
whatever through them when you're not riding it and they'll train much
faster.
This works but what I always did to start was put the saddle down on the dining room floor and thru the leathers so that the stirrup was completely upside down and then put something heavy on it till it dried.  I used 50lb bags of dog food.  That turns it a little more than the broomstick.....mb