Re: [RC] West Region Quicksilver Classic ride on Oct 23 CANCELLED - SandyDSA

In a message dated 10/21/2004 9:50:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, anyone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  It is not "normal use" for 120+ horses to use a trail,
perhaps multiple times, immediately post storm.  A handful of horses,
especially if they're ambling, would not do the kind of damage a mob of
hard charging endurance horses would.
No I don't mean that it is okay to tear up a park; on the contrary, I think too many people who don't know anything move in to an equestrian community and ruin it for the rest of us who won't even go for that amble until the footing is amenable. It bothers me that so many people who move into our area think they should move here for the "lifestyle' but then proceed to tear apart the lifestyle and take up habits that ruin it for the rest of the people.
    We don't have 120 people trouncing through the park when it is muddy - perhaps a half a dozen yayhoos - but WAY more bikers who think it is fun or cool or something to make those huge tire divets. sigh
!