Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 1:28 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] West Region Quicksilver Classic ride on Oct 23 CANCELLED

Well, having grown up in Monterey County (too much money, not enough common sense) and personally having spoken with the park rangers in charge at the location these rides are held at, while ?on duty? I drove to the park and asked the ranger working ?why do you prevent rides from happening when it rains??  The answer I received was??The people who hike and ride bikes don?t appreciate the rivets made in the mud by horses, they do not want to have to walk around them?they consider it a hazard/inconvenience.  I suppose I can understand how non-horse lovers think, but?.It?s the country!  If they want to hike on a pristine smooth surface then go shopping at the mall!!!!  It?s just like the new homeowner who moves out into the country to get away from the city life and tries to outlaw horses or other animals in the neighborhood.

Kassandra