Re: [RC] time off between rides - Becky Rohwer

 How old is the horse?  How long has it been competing?  What were your ride times in the 25's?  Some of these things might need to be taken into consideration.  But usually if planning on riding moderately in the 50 two weeks should have been an OK rest period.

Becky R. - Montana

-------Original Message-------

Date: 10/19/04 13:20:30
Subject: [RC] time off between rides

I'm thinking of doing my first slow 50 this weekend at Hallelujah but it will be only 2 weeks after we did 2- 25's atYellowhammer. Spring did great,top ten both days, all a's at the vet check, diden't get BC but she scored 743 (457 vet) first day and 722 ( 470 vet) second day.I talked to 2 riders today, one says its too soon the other says go for it,it's plenty of time for a fit horse to recover.I'm looking for some other opinions.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com