[RC] need ideas for good horse areas in west - sherman

Check out the high desert near Susanville, CA. (Costco's nearby in Reno). I have family there & they don't usually get much snow. Or how about the area that the new Patriot Ride was held? I've driven through the area many times on my way to Lake Almanor & Susanville and think it might be a good place to live and the road is usually open when Hwy 80 is shut down due to snow conditions. Maybe the ride management could give you some more info on the area.

Good luck,
Kathy
Grass Valley, CA (it's great living here, lots of trails, nice weather, but prices are too high & "citiots" are moving closer & closer)