Re: [RC] horse ivermectin for dogs?OT - Karla Watson

Anyone know a good substitute for antibiotics for cats? I see some in the store for horses and cows. I have a small, older cat that gets this upper respiratory thing going off and on. The vet puts her on Doxycycline. 8cc and it clears up but its a costly vet visit and meds. And it comes back in about 3 months. She is old--about 18-20 and doesn't have a good respiratory system now. Any ideas?? Can I use antibiotics for livestock in small doses?
------------Karla Watson/Portland, Oregon
When my cat was sick the vet used several human medicines for her.  He also told me that horse wormer is what us mostly used to worm dogs, cats, and it is all in the does.

He even figured out for me the dosage to demite my hampsters from a cat medicine.

I believe medicines can help many different species if you know how to properly figure the dosage.

DaNel Resha