[RC] Dr Thunder Bask+// - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Laurie Ledbetter lllbatgirl@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm new to Ridecamp not to mention still dealing with the things so if I commit
any online social blunders, please overlook them.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for his and her condolences.  Those of
you who knew Doc also knew how special a horse he was to us.  Above all, he was
a part of our family more than "an endurance horse" and will be missed
intensely.  I still am trying to cope with the fact of I'll never see him
galloping down from the upper corner of his pasture to greet me.

For those of you who want to know what happened, a little over a month ago my
mother, Cheri, had noticed Doc seemed a bit footsore in front.  Apparently he
had a suffered VERY slight case of lamenitis.  Actually this was probably a
warning of something much more serious.  With shoes in front, he became his old
self immediately though in just a few weeks he lost an incredible amount of
weight.  Early-mid September Cheri went out to feed and noticed Doc was having
trouble breathing.  The vet came out and did all he could that night.  Doc's
trouble breathing and swallowing intensified the next few days until he was
hospitalized.  We suspect it was cancer...most likely
tumor(s) deep within his chest cavity.  Another unwelcome ailment was he had
developed plural pneumonia, again a sign of tumor.  During his 2 week stay he
rallied back and was sent home.  We were thankful to have him home and he too
seemed happy and comfortable. Sadly, his condition worsened and it was an
obvious struggle for him just to breathe.  Watching a loved one in such obvious
pain and distress was too much.  Doc was laid to rest Thursday evening,
September 30th.

To me Doc was a trusted friend and a beloved companion.  Though the pain of
losing him still brings uncontrollable tears I find myself a few minutes later
smiling as I remember back on the years we were together and the many, many
adventures we shared. I look forward to the hour when I am reunited with my
partner up in heaven

Thank you again friends

Laurie