[RC] Dr Thunder Bask+// - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Laurie Ledbetter lllbatgirl@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As mentioned, I'm new to Ridecamp and since my previous post appears to have
*poofed*, I'm going to attempt it again.  Apologies in advance if this is a
double post.

I'm new to Ridecamp not to mention still dealing with the things so if I commit
any online social blunders, please overlook them.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for their condolences.  Those of you who
knew Doc also knew how special a horse he was to us.  Above all, he was a part
of our family more than "an endurance horse" and will be missed intensely.  I
still am trying to cope with the fact of I'll never see him galloping down from
the upper corner of his pasture to greet me.

Ok, for those of you who want to know what happened:

A little over a month ago my mother, Cheri, had noticed Doc seemed a bit
footsore in front.  Apparently he had a suffered VERY slight case of lamenitis.
Actually this was probably a warning of something much more serious.  With
shoes in front, he became his old self immediately though in just a few weeks
he lost an incredible amount of weight.  Early-mid September Cheri went out to
feed and noticed Doc was having trouble breathing.  The vet came out and did
all he could that night.  Docs trouble breathing and swallowing intensified the
next few days until he was hospitalized.  We suspect it was cancer...most likely
tumor(s) deep within his chest cavity.  Another unwelcome ailment was he had
developed plural pneumonia, again a sign of tumor.  During his 2 week stay he
rallied back and was sent home.  We were thankful to have him home and he too
seemed happy and comfortable. Sadly, his condition worsened and it was an
obvious struggle for him just to breathe.  Watching a loved one in such obvious
pain and distress was too much.  Doc was laid to rest Thursday evening,
September 30th.

To me Doc was a trusted friend and a beloved companion.  Though the pain of
losing him is still brings uncontrollable tears I find myself a few minutes
later smiling as I remember back on the years we were together and the many,
many adventures we shared. I look forward to the hour when I am reunited with
my partner up in heaven

Thank you again friends