[RC] message from Pat Oliva - steph teeter

Title: Message
(Pat's Ridecamp email isn't working right)

-----Original Message-----
From: PatOlivatigger@xxxxxxx [mailto:PatOlivatigger@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 12:41 PM
To: steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: (no subject)

Hi Steph,

I don't know why this didn't get printed.  It has happened many times before but just was important enough to worry about.  I am a member of ridecamp and send the info to the same address Skip does but it never seems to reach ridecamp.

Please include this in your next ridecamp.  Thanks so much.  Pat Ooliva

 Hi Guys, Just got home and saw Skip had put a note on ridecamp about me.  I did have surgery after a sudden severe pain occurred in my cervical spine while I was giving lessons.
I had to wait until Monday for the OR and had plenty of time to worry. MRI showed a large growth inside my cervical spine.  It was pressing directly on the nerve and stretched from the 2 to 7 vertebrae no cyst or hematoma but an irregular tumor. I went into surgery thinking of galloping into the finish at the Tevis and came out with the best dx I could have.  It was just a hematoma.

What a wonderful lesson I learned about us humans.  There were so many prayers and good thoughts pouring into the hospital room, so much strong, steady support offered  by so many.  You are a wonderful bunch          THANKS, Pat Oliva