[RC] Treeless Saddles + Back Soreness - Val Nicoson

Further treeless saddle thoughts and comments.  I
apologize if this is a bit long but any thoughts would
be appreciated as I continue to figure out what will
work or not.
Rode several times this weekend (one 5-mile ride and a
couple shorter rides) to figure out what will work
with the treeless saddle I bought.
It is an original Sports Saddle (not BM) and I used a
Skito pad with 3/4" foam inserts.  The Skito pad is a
square western style pad vs the sports saddle model.
Also used our standard neoprene girth which we've used
for several years now.
With the treed saddle my horse grew out of she was
sore along her withers and some along her sides.
After using the treeless alot this weekend I
discovered she is sore again (went to groom her
tonight and got the ears thing :-().
Gently probed her and discovered she is sore along her
withers and somewhat along her sides...more in some
areas than others.  Also I noted that she seemed to be
sore where the cinch rings are on both sides.  So I
will go back to a treed saddle for the time
being...but am on the waiting list to demo a Barefoot
Cheyenne saddle.
Will note that my mare is fine with a western cinch or
at least was.  Her outgrown saddle is a Big Horn
western style.
Another note is it is much easier to post on both
diagonals on her with the treeless saddle.  Is it
possible that she is sore as a result of this?  I
would suppose so.
She is more sore on her left side than her right side.
But of course noted she was sore at the cinch rings
on both sides of her body.  Rising at the post as her
left shoulder goes forward is the harder diagonal in a
treed saddle...but much easier in a treeless.
So if this is causing her soreness, in the fact she
isn't used to that side being used so much (I do work
it some in a treed saddle but it's hard to stay
consistent), then I suppose I need to stop doing it at
all until I determine if the treeless will work.  Then
if it does then I can slowly add more posting on her
left side (the side that's more sore right now).
(Sorry thinking out loud here).
With the saddle creeping forward onto her shoulders, I
am supposing this could cause soreness too?  With the
saddle/pad moving against the lay of her winter coat.

What are your thoughts in that using a square western
style Skito vs a sports saddle style Skito would cause
soreness?  Is this a prossibility too or not?

Am hoping for some further feedback from other
treeless saddle users out there...much appreciated!

I am willing to try the breastcollar/crupper option to
see if this will make any difference.  However, am
wondering just how long I ought to rest her for the
soreness to go away, before I try this option.  Should
I check her every couple days or once a week?  She
seems to be OK after a couple days but want to be sure
what else to look for (pinned ears are easier to
notice more so than subtle signs naturally).

Thanks much for the input already received...please
bear with me for Sania's sake,
Val + Sania (who wasn't happy tonight)

http://mail.yahoo.com