[RC] Fall Ride Preparation - Val Nicoson

I am considering attending either the Pineville Turkey
Trot in MO over Thanksgiving or the Skymont Ride in
Altamont TN on 6 Nov.
I have only ridden a couple 25-30 mile rides last year
and that was in the Summer, not the Fall.
What are the usual weather conditions at these rides?
My horse already has a nice winter coat on and will
she need to be lightly body clipped or not?
I only intend on riding at a slow pace, but my mare
has developed a competitive attitude too.

Is it possible to ride a slow pace at the Skymont
Ride?  This will be my horse's first LD ride, is this
a good ride for her?  (She had done a NATRC ride 2
years ago...in the early Spring...and did well).  What
kind of elevation changes are there at Skymont?
Anyone else planning on going that plans to go at a
slower pace?  (The ride site said this is a fast-paced
ride).

Can anyone tell me more about the Pineville Turkey
Trot?  I understand there are lots of rocks and that
hoof protection is strongly suggested.  What kind of
elevation changes are there?  Is this a good ride for
my horse's first LD?  What is the pacing like at this
ride...slow/med/fast?  Anyone else planning on going
who intends to ride a slow pace?

Don't know just yet which ride I will attend...I am
hoping to.  Having saddle fit problems recently and am
trying several options.  Also don't really want to do
any kind of body clip on my horse.  Every ride this
year I wanted to attend seems something always came
up.

Thanks,
Val + Sania

http://vote.yahoo.com