Re: [RC] Torsion Saddle - MarisR

I have a tordion and a Sport Saddle.  The Torsion took me a LONG time to get used to.  Rode 3-4 times a week for almost 2 months before I decided that I'd keep it.  the stirrups are hung very high, fromt he center seams, which causes the feeling of legs either forward or backward, with resultant body pitching the opposite way.  when I put it on my more experienced horse, he got girth area rubs, even though I used the same girth he'd been using with the Bob Marshall. On my new horse, it works great.  Just needed to reeducate my own body to keep the legs quieter.  I purchased the endurance stirrup leathers for it, and then quit using them,.  They seemed to have stretched out to the point where I couldn't shorten them up enough for my short legs.  I understand t hat they have now made shorter leathers.  I purchased Zilco's instead.
I also found that the seat is a bit weird, because there is a layer of leather that does not come all the way to the cantle, so you can feel the edge of it under your butt.  I put a sheepskin over it, and now it's OK.  It is shorter than the Sport Saddle, which is why I tried it.  Does'nt seem as "treeless", in that riding in it feels like a treed saddle.  It is much less flexible than the BM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

Maris Ramsay

"horses, the anti-drug"