Re: [RC] leg protection - Barbara McCrary

I have heard that the sport boot with the ligament support actually can do damage to the horse's legs.  If all you wish to accomplish is preventing nicks and scratches, I think a pair of splint boots would do very well.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: sherman
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 10:50 AM
Subject: [RC] leg protection

I want to get some  leg protection for my daughters horse, as she always seems to end up with little nicks (not from interference, but from rocks, stumps, ect). I'd like some opinions on whether splint boots would do the job, or since I'm buying anyway should I go for the sport boot, to support suspensory ligament (haven't had a problem there yet)?
Thanks,
Kathy
Grass Valley, CA