Re: [RC] Fear when mounting - Merryben

In a message dated 10/5/2004 4:17:38 PM Central Daylight Time, Marinera@xxxxxxx writes:
When I mount, my horses stand still
because they know they are going to get a carrot once I am settled in the saddle
with both feet in the stirrups.  This is obviously bribery, but it works.
This really works.  Of course I have carried it to extremes and when my horses hear velcro coming loose, they stop and wait for the treat.  It sure did work well on a ride once when some campers scared Bandit and their dog chased him.  I yelled Whoa real loud and pulled the stop of my velcro pack and he actually stopped.  I would have hit the ground soon......mb