Re: [RC] secure saddle - Deblyons54

In a message dated 10/5/2004 12:12:38 PM Mountain Standard Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have an Aussie that is the most secure seat imaginable.  Once your =
body realizes that by clamping your legs the poleys will keep you on, it =
is very hard to be unseated.

Don't underestimate good ole' American bucking rolls to keep you in the saddle. I have some on my western saddle that does not have a slick fork as most roping saddles do. It works great - just have to get the seat 1/2" or so larger than what you usually get to compensate for the bucking rolls. My western Crates saddle only weighs 25#, has one of the most comfortable seats of any saddle that I've ridden and also a "flex" tree.