From: "Bette Lamore" <woa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 8:24 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] fear and trust--now Aussie saddles

Tried them out and couldn't post in them--- my horse had too much bounce
to sit the trot. My friend swore by them-- but then, I guess it would
depend on the horse and also if you like standing at the trot as he did.
Didn't seem to calm his horse-- he was always a spooky one-- at least no
more than the difference between a Western and English saddle. For some
reason I've noticed that horses in general seem to be more relaxed in
Western--- perhaps because of the better weight distribution. I still
prefer my English ones-- upbringing is hard to change :-) and I  prefer
the closer contact.
Bette
Bette

Barbara McCrary wrote:

Does anyone have either proof or an opinion as to whether an
Australian saddle helps keep a rider on a spooky horse better than a
regular English saddle?  I've never ridden nor even sat on an
Australian saddle.  They look interesting.

Barbara