[RC] Spanish / arabian crosses - Julienne

Had to delurk and share my horse, a paso fino / spanish arabian mare.  I love this cross!

She's 10 years old, not gaited (I've been told that gaited-ness is inherited by their dam), but very smooth to ride.  She's completed in 1 slow LD ride and done very well in a handful of NATRC rides.  Lack of competing is more due to my lack of conditioning time more than anything else, but she's always been very hardy and takes very good care of herself.  She's about 14.2 or so and my farrier complains about how tough her feet are. :)  I've only had to shoe her this past year due to moving her from a pasture with hard rocky trails, to a stall with soft, shady footing.

You'd think crossing two "hot" breeds would make her a spooky horse, but she's actually very sensible and takes care of me very well.  She has her moments (last night on our foggy trail ride she snorted at everything for the first half of the ride) but rarely spooks and she knows her job well.

So, go for it!  She's by far the best horse I've owned.. :)

Julienne
& Isabella Mari

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Now with 25x more storage than before!