Re: [RC] [RC] fear of arabs, mounting - Sundaez

I have a silly fear...I hate mounting and dismounting.  Once on board I am ok. My mare is tall so I always have to stand on something. The fear is even worse at rides...I've almost not ridden at the last minute becuse I felt I couldn't get on board. My mare does act silly when I first get on at rides...due to excitement as she isn't this way at home...she'll either do a half rear then lunge forward and might buck...but I'm used to that. I don't know why I am afraid of mounting...and dismounting even. Never had a wreck that way...plenty of other ways but not that!

The other thing I am afraid of is Arabs. I have a lovely purebred Arabian mare. She came from a show barn so doesn't have any trail experience. She's not a spooky mare, has no bad habits...I've ponied her everywhere and ridden her with other horses but am so scared to take her out alone, and I know that will translate to her. I'm about ready to sell her since I can't seem to get past this. This is the second Arab I've gotten to try to make into an endurance horse and for some reason I am afraid of them. The irony is my Morgan is show bred and can run very hot, but that doesn't scare me at all. I've been told I'm a decent rider but can't get pst this "arab fear." OK...now go ahead and laugh at me!

Mel