[RC] fear - Belinda Romanuski

I have to share what happened to me.  I basically gew up riding horses.  My sister and I would ride every chance we got, and ride for hours at a time.  It is amazing our horses never tied up or became lame.  My husband and I wer buying and sellinf\g horses for about 8 years.  Then he started raising beef cows.  Three years ago I decided I wanted a horse agian.  We purchased two at an auction, (all of our horses have come from auctions).  We saddled them up the next day and off we went.  We had no problem with them getting them saddled, and they both moved out relly nice.  About 45 minutes into our ride I was thrown.  I got back on and rode for another 10 minutes and was thrown again.  This time I was unable to remount, I couldn't even walk.  I had severley sprained my ankle and was off work for two weeks.  Two weeks after the incidnet we went back to the auction so I could get a different horse.  This time I bought a 18yr old standardbred gelding that was being ridden by a 10 yr old boy.  I have to say I made my husband ride this horse first, and for quite some time I was fearful especially in wide open spaces.  My old horse has turned out to be the best horse I have ever had.  Yes he does startle at certain things, but has never unseated me.  He is 23 now and still goint strong.  I now have enough confidence to be riding a 3yr old filly.

Belinda