[RC] Fear - Dyane Smith

Someone mentioned it, I think, but spooking and being pitched from a horse you know is definitely not as likely to instill fear as being hurt on a horse you really don't know.

The first injury I ever got (from getting old more than the fall), I got when my horse was playing spook while we were riding at night.  He was amazed to see me on the ground.  I had major muscle spasms so I couldn't get back in the saddle, but I could almost hear my horse saying, "okay, come on, just get back on.  I won't do that again.  We can just have a nice ride."  Meanwhile I'm saying, "No, we have to go home.  You have to walk slow while I hang on to the stirrup so I can walk alongside you."

Now that I'm older, I guess I would not encourage those play spooks, but before the fall I used to enjoy them as much as the horse.

Dyane (whose horses wish she would get a little younger)