Re: [RC] quarters/paints and the numbers - SandyDSA

In a message dated 10/3/2004 11:31:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, lorickg@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I personally think (don't kill me here, jmo) it's who you are more than anything, on different levels from show to recreational with selling horses.
there is a growing sense of that even in endurance now - a horse who was bred by so and so or trained or even just OWNED by so and so can brign a huge price, while a horse with identical breeding cannot even garner a phone call in someone's backyard. Makes no sense in some repects - the horse is as good as its genetics and training, and it doesn't matter who owns it. The good news for us is that we rarely have the Big Hairs show up at our door so we can be pretty sure our babies will never have to endure the worst event of all in oru minds - mindless halter.