Re: [RC] FL - Here We Go Again - gary affleck

I feel for you guys.  I'm in Ca. land of the crazy's but it's hard to beat our weather.  That is except southern Ca, when fires burn up all the trees in the summer then when it rains in the Winter, there's mud slides because of nothing on the ground to hold it back.  One of our friends on a photo board from Sweden was joking about their weather.  His deck was wet and one of 4 plastic cars was blown over.  I told him we'd be on the next plane out to help pick- up that 5 pound chair if he needed help. G.Affleck
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 5:05 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] FL - Here We Go Again

Hi Teri.  I know what you mean.  I am sick of these hurricanes.  I haven't been getting in any training rides.  I've only been able to manage a few days after work to load up and go ride in the swamp!  I did try a new bug spray that seems to work for the mosquitos - Mosquito Halt.  It smells like the Adams Flea Spray.  Anyways - It really works for those swamp mosquitos - amazing!  And before I get done with my short evening rides, it is dark.  I'm missing the scenery!!!  Maybe I can get a good training ride in next weekend...

Jackie

Teri Hunter <teri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How do you condition your horse for ride season if you constantly have a hurricane in your path.  If it is not coming from one side it is the other.   I will ride today and then hope for the best and if things go ok maybe the following weekend.  My son just came home from deployment, he was in Iraq & Afganistan.  Now he will face a hurricane since I don't think his flight he takes out of Tampa Sunday Morning will be taking off.

My girls (horses) they are doing great through all of this.  No wear at all either mentally or physically.  Their main concern is about what time they will be fed next.

I know this sounds strange but my house is materialistic.  I will survive.  My horses, family and friends are irreplaceable.  (Yes, my family feels it is in that order)....lol

Hope to talk to y'all on Monday.

Teri Hunter
Tampa, FL
SE