[RC] Arabs / Mustangs and youth - Jonni Jewell

But you think about it, I'm 15 years old for those who want to know, I've
trained a REAL wild horse, shes not a Mustang, but she'll be the closest
I've been to one. <snip> and yes they do, Mustangs have to suffer through
all types or weather and different terrian. And not all Mustangs are wide
with alot of musicel, there are some that in fact resimble Arabs. And yes I
still think, and you will never change my mind, that wild horses, Mustangs
would make better endurance horses.<<<<

Ahhh, youthful exuberance about horses and training. I remember when I was
15. I thought I could take on the world. I was never shy about sharing
opinions on horses to anyone who would listen. I knew it ALL. Just ask me, I
would have told you. You could have given me documented facts on something,
but I was strong willed, and strong minded, and just KNEW I was right, no
matter what you said. I was a teenager...I DID know it all! It took me a
very long time to start to open my mind and change my attitude that there
may be another opinion than mine. And, that... "oh my goodness", I might be
WRONG! (I still can't deal with being wrong very well....it is my stubborn
nature. LOL)

Seeing the posts of one of your younger riders, being so fired up on her
thoughts on horses, I can laugh some, as I see myself so many years ago, as
I am sure there are others who can remember how they were as a teenager with
horses. Ready to take on anyone to prove our point. That determination made
me a better rider, and better horse person.  So mustenogirl, keep working
with that horse of yours, and when you are both ready to do a ride, let us
know. If you need a sponsor to ride with (juniors must ride with an adult
sponsor until that have many miles in the sport) , I bet we can find you one
on the list. Prove to us that Mustangs are better at the sport than
Arabians. All it takes is the solid facts for us to say "Boy, she was
right".

Jonni