Re: [RC] foot injury (human) - Glenda R. Snodgrass

Has anyone out there ever had this type of injury? The hoof slammed on the
top part of the arch facing the outside of the foot...the horse shoe cut the

A horse set back on my foot a few years ago and broke the middle long bone
down the center of my foot, right at the highest point of the arch.  I was
in a walking cast for 5 weeks then the ortho "released" me but I continued
to have a lot of pain.  After a couple months of Celebrex and little
relief, I finally _insisted_ that he send me to physical therapy, which
was the best thing I could have done.  The therapist immediately said I
had a sizeable knot inside my foot, where basically all the soft tissue in
that area had glued itself together, which was causing the pain and also
very limited range of motion.

Twice-weekly therapy for about 6 weeks did the trick for me (massage
therapy, heat and electric stimulation in the therapist's office, with
daily stretching exercises at home on the therapist's instructions).  I
occasionally have a bit of achiness in that foot if I stand on my feet for
several hours, but other than that it's pretty much normal.  I recovered
my full range of motion.

I highly recommend physical therapy if you can get in, at least to try, as
it made an incredible difference in my injury. I honestly thought I was
going to limp and have foot pain for life until I did the PT.

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(251) 433-0196