Re: [RC] colic/different food at rides - Becky Rohwer

 It may not necessarily be OK for them to eat what ever.  But often times at a ride they sometimes just become picky.  Hay that they eat well at home all of a sudden becomes taboo to them.  But the horses need to eat so I guess we just put in front of them what ever they might have a hunger for.  Sometimes my horse will chow down carrots like there is no tomorrow, other times she will pick through her food and eat everything but the carrots.
At my last ride I hooked up with another rider on the second loop.  At the next vet check he brought his horse over to where mine was because his horse was not eating.  He thought maybe if we put them together his horse would eat.  My horse wasn't chowing down much either.  Of course when they were together they became very interested in each others mashes.  So we switched pans with each other.  My horse was loving the other mash, his horse wasn't quite so sure about my mash.  So we put the pans so that they both could reach either one.