[RC] colic/different food at rides - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

I may have missed a post about this subject, but I've often wondered about how we are all supposed to be careful about switching feeds with horses to avoid colic at home. And when we do it, we're supposed to do it gradually. But when we go to a ride, it's Ok to feed them whatever you want. And most of the time, you just don't have a choice if you are to utilize the hay/bran/whatever the the ride managers so kindly put out for us.

Why is is Ok to let them eat whatever they want at a ride? And could that possibly have any effect on a horse colicking AFTER they get home?

Jackie