Re: [RC] Mare/confidence/rider safety/help - Long - Lif Strand

At 09:55 AM 9/23/2004, abigail Madden wrote to you:
I'm not sure if you were being facetious when you said that your mare hasn't been ridden in 5 years, but if you weren't, any horse that has had that kind of lay off needs to start over from the beginning.

Mel - I am restarting a mare that has been basically unridden for 10 years! The advice Abigail gave you is good advice. If you are interested, you could check out the journal I'm keeping about bringing my mare back. Link is in my signature. Good luck!

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA
High Country Rider:  An endurance rider's journal
   www.fasterhorses.com/highcountryrider/