Re: [RC] Arabian Horse Numbers - SandyDSA

It is indeed hard to actually make money - as the IRS would like :) enough to properly tax:). We teach along with breeding - and breed considerably fewer than it takes to make any money. We say no to some peole becuase their mares either are not the quality that should be propagated or because they have no clue as to what they will do when said foal actually becomes...a HORSE! It is one large housepet! Teaching and training PEOPLE to work with their own horses is hugely time-consuming, and a lot of people don't want to pay the price - but in the end those who do are glad they did, since an educated owner and a biddable,w ell mannered horse is a nice combination, and one that we are more interested in doing breeding business with. But then we breed for atjletes, not halter horses, endurance horses, not prima donna show ring mincing beauties. We get the beauty, but we breed for the ability. Shoot, I wouldn't give 2 cents to be on 90% of the horses winning in the show ring - if I had to get over a bit of a mountain:).
San