From: "Mary Ann Spencer" <maryann.spencer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pamnetus@xxxxxxx>
CC: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] complicated politics in Iraq and the carribean and 3rd world countries
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:53:33 -0500

An interesting side effect of being in the Reserves, is that if you did not have a full time time when you left, you can't get one when you return as all are subject to being returned. I had been working 13 week contracts as travel nurse and now have to reorganize all of my life. Also, as my unit goes back within the next year, will have to make some decisions about horses. Next time I am hoping to find a horse to buy for all of Army 'horse' folks to work with, ride, etc. It was so awful seeing some obviously beautiful and probably stolen Arabian horses pulling work carts. Unfortunately, the lack of security of in Iraq has EVERYTHING SLOWLY DOWN. As I am in Army Reserves I can't do much but perhaps others can write their congressmen to get Rumsfeld to send more for security. I REALLY HATE THAT THIS IS BECOMING A POLITICALLY RUN WAR WHICH IS TOO REMINISCENT OF VIET NAM. I was in college during VN. The job in Iraq needs to be completed and we need more security to do it.
thanks for listening, Mary Ann