[RC] The AHA National CTR & Scioto - mkrumlaw

For all of those interested in the AHA National Championship CTR Ride...

The ride is being held on October 8 & 9 in Chillicothe, Ohio at Scioto
Trails State Forest.  As of right now I still have no headcount from AHA
so I can't pass along that information, but I'm sure there are still
openings in the ride. We capped the ride at 100 riders simply for
management reasons. We needed some quantity for planning.

Scioto Trails has a beautiful trail system and in October should be
stunning with the color and vistas.  The ride is a 2-Day, 65 mile ride
with 32.5 miles each day.  The pace will be 6 mph unless the weather
creates a problem, in that case we will slow it down. The terrain is a
wonderful combination of hills, a couple of good climbs, and some areas
to move out.  Water will be available on trail every 5 miles.

Thanks to Ivan, we now know the trails can take 6 inches of rain in 12
hours and still hold their footing.  With this new information we will be
routing the course over as much dirt trail as possible.

Base camp is huge, level, and easy to get in to.  We will have a food
vendor on the grounds(some meals are included in your entry fee.) We are
excited to have Bob Tarr as our official ride photographer.  Bob does an
outstanding job and does most of his work on site.  He's also available
for some private shots/shoots if you'd like.

Base camp will open on Tuesday after 1:00 pm.  If anyone is planning on
arriving before then please contact me.  I'll be arriving in the morning
and will be marking off vendor parking, P & R area, food, meeting, and
management parking areas. Horse water only is available in camp but
freshwater tanks may be filled up 1 mile from camp.

We've also managed to gather all kinds of fun stuff to pass out and
raffle off.  All riders and anyone helping for both days will be given
raffle tickets.

Hope this helps with any questions some of you may have or had. We had
planned on mailing a letter to all entrants with this information but as
I mentioned, we haven't received any entry info from the AHA office. They
are going to forward that information next week, but that would be too
late to do a mailing before the ride.

We have a great team working on this event and we're looking forward to
seeing everyone!

MKS

This message was sent using MailMan
provided by Good News Internet Services