Re: [RC] hauling horses long distance to unload or not to unload--drinking - abigail Madden

I've got a question for those folks who haul long distances without off loading the horses.  In terms of drinking in the trailer.  Are you stopping and offering water from a bucket?  Leaving water in front of them at all times?  I've put a square "rubbermaid" tub about 1/2 full of water in front of my guy during long trailer rides and I don't know if he drank any during the trip, but if he did, it wasn't much.  I've also stopped and offered from a bucket and he wasn't very interested in that.  He eats well in the trailer, but I was concerned about him eating too much dry hay without drinking as well.  I started soaking some hay in a tub and putting that in front of him with the intention of throwing out what ever was left at the first rest stop.  Haven't had to throw any out yet as he cleans that up very nicely.  So, how does everybody "water" their horses on the trailer?

abigail
Chico, CA