Re: [RC] Injecting Hocks - DVeritas

In a message dated 9/16/2004 12:21:02 PM Mountain Daylight Time, ridecamplist@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
He touched him all over and said that there
wasn't really anything wrong with him but he highly recommended doing the
following series:

Three generic Legend shots - 1 shot every four days.  The cost $28 Each  Has
to go IV but we can give at home
Eight Adequan shots - 1 shot every four days.  The cost $60 per shot
Goes IM.
Liz,
  What don't I understand about what you said above?
  "...there wasn't really anything wrong with him but he highly recommended doing...."
   A living organism that presents no symptoms, but yet is administered the above modality?
   No criticism here, but what was the purpose of the injections?
   A horse who shows a need and then receives a protocol in order to compete without degradation (or FURTHER degradation) to his biomechanical system SEEMS TO fly in the face of the tenets of the AERC policies.
   Where does a horse who DOES NOT show a need, but receives the protocol stand?
(I know, on more comfortable hocks, right?)
    Curious (again),
         ~Frank