Re: [RC] FEI and 100 mile competitions - DVeritas

In a message dated 9/16/2004 2:04:49 PM Mountain Daylight Time, dabneyesq@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm wondering, though, whether most of the folks doing 100s now are
motivated more by the "glamour" and "fame" of the FEI stuff,  so that we
will end up having rides like SP either becoming FEI, or having to cancel.
I can certainly understand the "concern" stated in the above.

Can FEI and AERC 100 mile events coexist?

Well, I'll say this...I prefer to watch the Gering Bulldogs play high school football in person than I do going to Denver and watching the Broncos.
Amateur athletics are part and parcel of the domain of the common man and woman who, through no fault of their own, find themselves deeply afflicted by the urge, the NEED, to show up and ride a trail with those of similiar minds.

I watched the USA Olympic basketball team this year....pro's (mostly pro's) who (FOR ME) did not evidence the simple love of competition....moreso, they actually pouted and showed that (for them) it was about winning....neigh I say.....about BEATING someone.

What's it all about....Alfie....

~Frank (leave me alone you Bronco fans (Randy W., et.al.)