Re: [RC] opinions - Truman Prevatt

>From what I remember when Ivers was on  this list the rancor could get pretty high in the discussions he was involved in. I would not necessarily categorize his approach as "science" unless you consider pseudo science and science as the same.  He seemed to require a different standard of "proof" for what he believed over what he didn't believe.  Where I come from that is called religion - not science.

He was willingly even aggressively promoting the use of such things as cold light lasers (which I believe he sells so they bring in a profit) while calling chiropractis quackery, I think his derogatory term for it is "the laying on of hands."  When in fact there is most likely more eveidence to support chiropractis than cold light lasers.

Then there was the incident with a "rider" who Ivers was touting as following his "gosple" and kicking serious butt on the endurance trail. Trouble was - when you look him up on the AERC database he isn't tearing up the endurance trail unless you consider five LD's from '98 to 2000 tearing up the endurance trail. That did cause some interesting discussions as Ivers told us about the "real endurance" circuit going on outside the AERC. A slight probelm arose when no one could independently verfly such a circuit existed or that the said rider ever did any more than a few LD's.

I would venture to say despite some of the hot button topics such as LD, drug policy, breeding, shoes vs. no shoes, etc., this list is much more civil today than it was druing the days Ivers was on it unless you were not in  agreement with him.

Truman

Lynne Glazer wrote:
Yes, Heidi, and the answer to THAT is to use the <delete> key when there's someone whose opinion is consistently delivered in such a format.

And to unsubscribe from lists that permit that type of behavior.  I feel the same way about lists where gossip is encouraged, and have quit those too.

Like Melissa said so well, not willing to allow that sort of negative energy in.  It's your choice how you spend the time you are given, whether on positive pursuits or not.

Lynne
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

John F. Kennedy

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."