Re: [RC] [RC] Anyone's experience with Bosana Boots Good/Bad? - April

Hi.

I had a pair of these. It really all depends on how well the boot will
fit your horse's feet. My horse's feet are almost as wide as they are
long. Very close. The first pair of boots I tried were supposedly the
right size based on the chart. But they were too long and Tanna threw
them off within a couple miles.

The second pair I got seemed to fit front to back, but I suppose they
are too narrow as Tanna got a bruise on his hoof wall and he tripped
all over the place on a familiar, although uneven, trail until I
removed the boots.

I don't know where you are, but if you are going to be at a ride that
Teddy of Running Bear will be at, check out her selection. You can fit
the boot to your horse right at her trailer.

They are a very interesting idea. I was intrigued. But they didn't
work for my horse due to the shape of his hooves.

Teddy has some good notes on her website. She has published the width
and length of each of the sizes of the boots. Looking at that, I can
see why none of the boots fit Tanna.
http://runningbear.com/catalog/display.php?cartid=413f604e82c04&zid=1&lid=1&cat=18&scat=138

The boots are not hard to put on. I was able to do it easily and
quickly, even with the snugger boots. They seem to be made of tough
material. Have to be to use over shoes, I guess.

I like the idea for riding on pavement or rocks to avoid padding, but
until they make another size for my horse, I don't think they will
work for us.

Good luck. I've heard that some horses do really well with these boots.

April
Nashville, TN