[RC] 'pound dog' mentality for horses? - heidi

And my personal pet peeve is an owner who has a price for a horse with papers and a price for the same horse without his/her papers. Seems to me the papers belong to the horse, not the owner. My latest horse (a rescue) was $300 but $1200 more if I wanted his papers. Should be rules against that IMO. Or at least a way to go around the seller and get his papers, he's even been DNA'd. As this guy seems to be very well bred (Asilkontiki if anyone would like to give me some percentages) and still a stallion, it would be nice to keep his papers with him, even if he becomes a gelding, which is highly likely as I'm no breeder!!! (I did get on him for the first time yest., he's 18 and unbroke!)

heidi larson