Re: [RC] buying on a budget - Dyane Smith

On Tuesday, September 07, 2004, Ed Kilpatrick wrote:
if you are serious about buying a good endurance horse and paying a rock bottom price,  get a mustang!  you can find one of just about any size, shape or color.  prices start at $125 for younger stock at the blm adoptions, but you can find some 4 years old and up for $25!  thats right, $25!  that is what i paid for a five year old mustang stallion, a beautiful blood bay, 14.1 hands.  i got him this past may, and should have him ready to hit the trail next spring.
contact me, the mustang man, for more info!

I think this is the critical point.  I got a great horse at the feedlot.  It took me 11 years to work through his emotional baggage.  It would have taken Ed 6 to 12 months.

A good horse's chances are much improved by the skills and talents of his rider.

Dyane (who does take pride in the fact that Fox has worked through his emotional baggage, late or not)