Re: [RC] 'pound dog' mentality for horses? - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

Basically, as long as there are people on this planet who believe that there are human beings and "animals" living here, this sort of thing will happen. To be facetious, everyone knows that we aren't animals and that our needs (whatever they might be) come first and anyway, the other creatures are just dumb animals and they don't matter anyway.

Since my experience is that as long as a majority of people, whether they own animals or not, have this attitude, horses (and dogs, cats, camels, donkeys, dancing bears.....) will continue to get the short end of the stick.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
www.alsorat.com

"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for" Louis L'Amour