[RC] NSH in endurance/CTR - Nancy Reed

I looked at really nice half Arab/National Show Horse today.  She is 5, has good conformation, good brain and is SWEET to boot.  I have some questions about NSH in endurance/CTR.  First, of the 4 NSH on my street 3 have lameness issues.  Two have severe lameness due to conformation flaws (crooked legs) and the other was injured as a show horse.  All of these horses have great minds and good work ethics.

I think (incorrectly?) there are very few NHS in endurance. Is that true?  If it is true is it due to lameness as listed above?  Or is it true all the NSH are all at the shows doing saddle seat and park?  Is it due to lack of stamina?  Will the Saddlebred part of her pedigree reduce her stamina?  I recall some very interesting posts several months ago which stated that ATP (cell energy) came from the mare side or bottom of the pedigree.  This mare’s bottom is all Saddlebred.

I am really torn about this mare.  She looks like she has what I am looking for, but I am afraid due to what my neighbors have experienced with their NSH.  Am I being overly cautious?  Thank you for your insights and help making a decision.

Nancy Reed,

Lazy J Ranch ( boy, it’s hot today and we had the first fire too.),

Elfin Forest, CA