Re: [RC] Buying on a budget - MtnRondi

In a message dated 9/5/2004 12:07:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, equus_blue@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
People just don't go out and buy a horse a random because it is cheap and
think they are going to make a winner out of it

I know there was talk about the last two Tevis Cup winners being saved from auction and going on to make endurance history. I think what we need to remember is that many "rescue" horses may not make endurance history because it really depends on who buys them. If I had bought one of those Tevis Cup winners at auction, it would never have had the kind of rider it takes to become great. I don't think I would be able to push the envelope to develop a talented horse. I would be content to just go on and rack up the miles, but not be a top 10 contender and an otherwise talented horse would never get to the top in the sport.

Bonnie
So. Calif.