[RC] blanket questions - Nancy Reed

Lyric needs a waterproof blanket for the winter rides.  I really do not know anything about blankets.  I do have a stable blanket that fits.  Should I just get a waterproof top sheet to cover the stable blanket I have?  Or should I buy a turn out blanket with some fiberfill? I am in the PS region and will only use the blanket for rides as we rarely need one at home.  Thank you for your help.

Nancy Reed, Lazy J Ranch, Elfin Forest, California